Having a website is essential to any company’s success these days. Let’s face it, if you don’t have one, you might as well not exist. If you have one and it stinks, well, it’s hard to get that first impression back from a potential customer. There is an endless list of things you can do to enhance your website, make it searchable, and most importantly, user-friendly. For most companies, their website is a major factor in their success which means proper development, design, and execution of the building and updating of a website is critical.
Take a look at these 10 tips for a better website:
- Make contact info easy to find. Users should be able to locate your contact info easily from any page on your website. Include email, phone, location, hours, etc,
- Include a call-to-action on every page. You should always be encouraging users to make a purchase, visit another page, contact your company, and more on every appropriate page.
- Make use of a gallery. Think about using a gallery to display your work including products, services, projects, etc. Show off what you do best with a gallery on your website.
- Show personality with ‘About Us’ page. People will want to get to know your company, in fact, getting to know you can help peak their interest. Do this through your ‘About Us’ page.
- Use bold images. Having elaborate, clear, and colorful images on your website adds to aesthetic appeal and visual content. Use images to enhance your site and messaging.
- Include social media icons. Make it easy for users to find you on social media by including social media icons in your design. Also incorporate share buttons when appropriate.
- Incorporate testimonials. Have some of your current customers submit testimonials and share them on the site. This helps build brand loyalty and trust in potential customers.
- Utilize clean and simple design. Having a dynamic site is great, but remember to keep your design clean and simple at the same time. Less is more in the name of user-friendliness.
- Simple navigation. When you’re developing your navigation and site pages, keep simplicity in mind. You want the user to be able to find what they need as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Stick to your brand. Your website should reflect your company’s brand in every way. Utilize the same colors, design aspects, and images associated with your company for brand recognition.
What tips do you have for creating a better website? Tell us in the comments below.
Learn about the characteristics of a user-friendly website by reading here.